Before you do this workout, make sure to read my post “Wake up your posterior chain – How to target the Glutes and Hamstrings”!
- SS means Superset: For example, you do 2o repetitions of the feet elevated Bridge and then immediately follow with 10 repetitions of Romanian Deadlifts. That equals 1 set. Repeat for 3-4 sets total and then continue with the next two exercises!
- Make sure to do a 5-10 min Cardio Warm up
- Lift as heavy as you can with proper form. You will get more results by lifting lighter but really feeling the muscles work than just throwing around heavy weights (and risk injure yourself with that).
- Many of the exercises below are unilateral (single-legged). If you have never done them before (for example single-legged Deadlifts), do them bodyweight, don’t skip! Bodyweight is fine and will help build stability in your body. The main task of the glutes is to stabilize our body so we need to perform exercises that require balance to challenge the muscles!
- Do at least 10 min of light Stretching after this workout
Complete 3-4 sets of each superset (or 1-2 if you are a beginner):
Feet elevated Bridge – 20x SS with
Romanian Deadlift -10x
Front foot elevated Lunge -12x SS with
Single-legged Deadlift- 10x
Ball Leg Curl 5-8x SS with
Sumo Deadlift -10x
Hamstring Curls -12x SS with
Step up -12x
Try it out and let me know if you felt the burn!
If you have any questions regarding this workout, contact me: