I was going to send this workout to my newsletter subscribers, but then I thought:
Who doesn’t want to be in top shape for valentine’s day?
Whether you are celebrating with your significant other or maybe just planning for a nice evening with your friends – special events like these are times we should enjoy. You can have some treats without going overboard (don’t turn it into a cheat day) and just take your mind off from dieting or counting macros or watching your food intake so closely.
As long as you get right back on track the next day, of course!
If you do this workout the day before or even in the morning of valentine’s day, those extra calories will be used to build your glutes and not stored as fat!
If you are looking for a 4 weeks (or more) challenge to build muscle while losing fat, join me and my awesome followers here:
Booty Building Workout
- Warm up: 5 min of Bodyweight exercise, light stretches. Read all about my favorite warm up here.
- Glute Activation Routine: This is crucial to properly engage those muscles. Muscle activation techniques are to be seen as functional training. This means that the increased mind-muscle connection will help you do easy everyday tasks without injuring yourself!
- Circuit Training: This Workout is fast paced and will burn a ton of calories. Complete all exercises in a circuit back to back with no rest. After 1 Round, rest for 60 seconds and repeat for as many rounds as you can. Push yourself!
- Weight training or bodyweight: You can do this workout at the gym and use barbells, kettlebells or dumbbells (use ankle weights and resistance bands for glute activation). If you are a beginner, stick to bodyweight and complete double repetitions for each exercise. You will still burn a lot of calories and build muscle. Everybody has a different fitness level. Don’t compare yourself to others. You are your only competition!
- No additional cardio required: If you complete 4 sets of each circuit, you will be swimming in sweat and have no energy for cardio anyways. This workout burns far more fat than your 1 hour run on the elliptical!
- Instead of Kettlebell swings, you can do sumo squats.
- Instead of Good Morning, you can do Deadlifts.
- Instead of One-legged Squat, you can do Lunges or Bulgarian Split Squats.
- Make sure to stretch lightly and cool down afterwards for at least 5-10 min.
Here is the break-down. Copy it, print it, pin it to pinterest, whatever you prefer!
I hope you enjoyed today’s workout. Let me know how many days you were sore!
Wish you all a great weekend,