This workout is a great burnout for glutes and hamstrings – in a way you have never felt before!
Know that feeling of soreness after a really good workout? If you have been into fitness for a while, you have learned to love that feeling. If you are new to training – learn to love it!
This is why this workout is called “Bitter Sweet” Burnout.
Science has shown that increasing time under tension, creating metabolic stress and progressive overload are best to build muscle. Increased muscle tissue will help you burn more calories, shape your body and prevent many injuries.
This workout combines all three mechanism to target your glutes and hamstrings in a unique way. Get yourself ready and have some good sources of carbohydrates before attempting this workout. You will need it!
Bittersweet Burnout for Glutes and Hamstrings
- Perform exercises in a group back to back with no rest (most of them are supersets, the last is a tri-set).
- After performing 1 round of each superset, rest for 30-60 seconds but not more.
- Repeat for the given amount of sets.
- If you are a beginner, use your own bodyweight as resistance and focus on squeezing your muscles to properly activate them. Reduce number of sets to 1-2 but still push yourself.
- If you are advanced, use heavy weight and challenge yourself by completing 4 sets of each superset!
Don’t know some of the exercises?
Click below to see some articles on the exercises with tips for execution!
- Back Extension to build a butt
- Glute Warm-up
- Best exercises for glutes and hamstrings
- Hip Thrusts
If you try this workout and have sore glutes for days – leave me a comment below!
If you have questions regarding the workout (or other) – e-mail me.